Have we met?
Today Siena and I were working through a tedious puzzle, sweating and red-cheeked over what seemed like kazigillions of tiny pieces, when she announced that she's come down with head lice a few times in her seven years.
Now. Take this quiz. Did I:
A. Scratch my head for the rest of the night, including this very second, and check myself in the mirror every ten minutes or so.
B. In the interest of maintaining a calm environment for the child, suck in all the oxygen in the house as silently as is possible when faced with the horror of potential cooties.
C. Depart for an ongoing shame spiral in which I recall the nightmarish memories of my own battles with head lice, leading to questions about my childhood and why my mother was such a kook with her crazy tweezers and Scotch tape.
D. All of the above.
Now. Take this quiz. Did I:
A. Scratch my head for the rest of the night, including this very second, and check myself in the mirror every ten minutes or so.
B. In the interest of maintaining a calm environment for the child, suck in all the oxygen in the house as silently as is possible when faced with the horror of potential cooties.
C. Depart for an ongoing shame spiral in which I recall the nightmarish memories of my own battles with head lice, leading to questions about my childhood and why my mother was such a kook with her crazy tweezers and Scotch tape.
D. All of the above.


1 Comments:
Yeah, well, I didn't want to say anything, but that last pic you put up looked kinda licey.
Post a Comment
<< Home