Cut me loose, Dave
Raise your hand if you've been spending way too much money lately.
I just purchased the AlphaSmart Neo, a mid-grade portable word processor, and am now experiencing the quick-give-me-a-paper-bag strain of buyer's remorse. A person with an upcoming tryst through Europe, a wrecked car, and thousands of dollars in student debt is not in a position to make large purchases. I was intoxicated by the awesome reviews and dreams of simple thesis-thumping on planes, trains, and beaches. The thing is pretty cool. It operates on AA batteries for 200 hours with no threat of overheating or crashing. It's small and wirelessly submits data to my desktop Word program. But it was $300.
I guess I could just send it back. Like a mail-order bride. Or sea monkeys.
I just purchased the AlphaSmart Neo, a mid-grade portable word processor, and am now experiencing the quick-give-me-a-paper-bag strain of buyer's remorse. A person with an upcoming tryst through Europe, a wrecked car, and thousands of dollars in student debt is not in a position to make large purchases. I was intoxicated by the awesome reviews and dreams of simple thesis-thumping on planes, trains, and beaches. The thing is pretty cool. It operates on AA batteries for 200 hours with no threat of overheating or crashing. It's small and wirelessly submits data to my desktop Word program. But it was $300.
I guess I could just send it back. Like a mail-order bride. Or sea monkeys.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home