Get your merchandise off my thesis
Tonight marks the first significant block of time I've had off work since...since...Jesus, I can't remember. Between working at the surf shop and restaurant, I haven't been able to blow my money on whitebread crap for ages.
So. I'm off to the mall.
Perhaps to purchase a grammar book. I used to know what I was doing. Pursuing an English degree and working for the newspaper once armed me with a dual set of writing and editing rules I could use to stun the minds of scholars the world over. This goes here but not in this case and, oh, capitalize that when it goes there and, hey, we're missing punctuation but take it away when you do this...
That was me.
This week I sat in the surf shop and finished the first two official, readable chapters of my thesis as the rules and regulations I once held dear coagulated in my mind, forming a new set of rules that doesn't necessarily exist on this planet. I can't remember what to do in certain instances and this, more than anything else, more than getting fired from a wannabe bistro, makes me feel like a turd burglar.
I've gotten three wonderful compliments on my chapters. It's true what they say. Encouragement truly makes a difference in how you feel about your endeavors. So, whoever you are and whatever you're doing, you're doing a great job.
So. I'm off to the mall.
Perhaps to purchase a grammar book. I used to know what I was doing. Pursuing an English degree and working for the newspaper once armed me with a dual set of writing and editing rules I could use to stun the minds of scholars the world over. This goes here but not in this case and, oh, capitalize that when it goes there and, hey, we're missing punctuation but take it away when you do this...
That was me.
This week I sat in the surf shop and finished the first two official, readable chapters of my thesis as the rules and regulations I once held dear coagulated in my mind, forming a new set of rules that doesn't necessarily exist on this planet. I can't remember what to do in certain instances and this, more than anything else, more than getting fired from a wannabe bistro, makes me feel like a turd burglar.
I've gotten three wonderful compliments on my chapters. It's true what they say. Encouragement truly makes a difference in how you feel about your endeavors. So, whoever you are and whatever you're doing, you're doing a great job.


2 Comments:
Your thesis — BOOK — is going to be so great. I can't wait to see it all come together.
Your mom and I came together...
OK, really, I had to go for that.
I agree, the thesis will be nothing short of a masterpiece.
Post a Comment
<< Home