6.05.2006

Viral memingitis

At my high school's basketball games, a group of older boys sat in the stands and catcalled, "Aaaaankle socks, aaaaankle socks" when the other team tried a foul shot. That was a decade ago, but I remember that miniscule bit of useless memory every time I put on a pair of ankle socks (which is often).

Perhaps these things connect us all in one way or another. I wonder if anything from my lifetime of verbal horseplay regularly pops up on someone's cognitive superhighway. I don't even remember the names of those obnoxious kids, but apparently their unified voices made enough of an impact on me that I will pay homage to them every time I choose to show my ankles to the world.

I thought it was funny. Ankle socks.

6 Comments:

Blogger theogeo said...

CANKLE socks.

Boo-ya!

6/06/2006 12:06:00 AM  
Blogger phallicpen said...

Spankle socks.

6/06/2006 02:19:00 PM  
Blogger T.V. Fritz said...

Don't get syphillis (sp?) Priceless comedy. Utterly priceless.

6/08/2006 12:47:00 PM  
Blogger phallicpen said...

Ah. I'm such an asshole.

6/08/2006 09:31:00 PM  
Blogger theogeo said...

Hee. Joey and I had a good laugh about that the other night. Classic.

6/08/2006 09:57:00 PM  
Blogger phallicpen said...

I'm glad. Your laughter will serve to balance the hatred a certain someone else might feel after that night around the campfire.

6/10/2006 01:26:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Copyright © 2006 PhallicPen. Original template by Blogger, modified by Lindsey Turner.
Powered by Blogger